Woven Learning Values: Equipment Responsibilities
- Understanding how the devices, features, and buttons work
- Taking care of the equipment
- Setting rules to keep the devices and everyone safe
Responsibility by Nithinan Tatah from Noun Project
- Why do we need to care for our equipment?
- How should we handle our equipment?
- What are some ideas you have?
Type of Equipment
- Nintendo Switch Console
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- Nintendo Switch AC Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- Joy-Con Left and Right
- Joy-Con Straps
- Joy-Con Grip
- Game Cartridge
- Be gentle with all equipment like it is your own.
- Do not drop, hit, or otherwise abuse the Nintendo Switch console, components, game cartridge, or accessories.
- Keep food and drinks away from all equipment.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the game cartridge while the device is in use.
- Ask an instructor for help if you are unsure of what to do with the equipment.
- What other rules do you think we need?
Handling Equipment Demo
- How to plug in HDMI and AC Adapter
- How to put Nintendo Switch Console on the charger
- How to put in the game cartridge
- How to hold Joy-Con controllers with straps
- How to charge Joy-Con controllers
Now we will all practice how to use the equipment, and you can ask any questions that you have.
Team Name and Mascot
Why is this important?
- A good name can give a good first impression
- Helps build strong connections with our teammates
- Gives us a sense of ownership.
Why a mascot?
- A mascot helps give your team character, personality, and a face. It becomes easy to establish a physical and emotional connection with your audience, to help differentiate you from the rest of the pack.
Team Name Brainstorm
Now you will brainstorm your own ideas about what names you would like. We will share our ideas with our teammates and vote on which we like best.
Remember, this is about YOU and your team!
Think about your school, your teammates, and what makes your team unique.
- How comfortable do you feel handling the Switch Equipment?
- When and what time is the next meeting?