How Do Ships Float?
Design Using the Engineering Design Process
The Engineering Design Process helps us figure out problems and solve them like engineers. Today you will use this process to create a boat that will hold the most pennies.
- What is my problem? Design and build a boat that can hold the most pennies
- What are my constraints? You can only use one 5×5-inch piece of aluminum foil.
- Brainstorm some solutions to your problem.
- Do some research with your team if needed.
- Draw out your ideas on a piece of paper. Don’t forget to check the materials list below to include anything you might need.
- Materials List:
- One 5×5-inch piece of aluminum foil.