Improve Using the
Engineering Design Process
The Engineering Design Process helps us figure out problems and solve them like engineers. Today you will use this process to create a boat that will hold the most pennies.
- Think about what you would do to improve it (make it better) and share with your group.
- Ask them for their feedback too and reflect on how you can improve your structure.
- You will go through the process again and rebuild your boat using the feedback from your group and your own observations.
- Consider the questions below when testing your boat again:
- How did the placement of your pennies affect your boat?
- What happens when you spread out the pennies versus put them in a pile?
- Do you think that changes how long it takes your boat to sink?
- Try the experiment again and place the pennies in different places, what is the best way to put them in the boat?