What is Energy?
Potential Energy is stored energy.
Kinetic Energy is energy in motion.
The Engineering Design Process helps us figure out problems and solve them like engineers. Today you will use this process to create a marble roller coaster out of foam.
- What is my problem? Design and build an epic marble roller coaster out of foam
- What are my constraints? You can only use the materials provided
- Brainstorm some solutions to your problem.
- Do some research with your team if needed.
- Draw out your ideas on a piece of paper. Don’t forget to check the materials list below to include anything you might need.
- Materials List:
- Pipe Foam
- Roll of Tape
- Marble (use this to test)
- Use your plan to create your project.
- Test your coaster by using the marble to run it through.
- Think about what you would do to improve it (make it better) and share with your group.