First, we need to make sure our drones are charged. Follow the directions below to get your drone charged up.
1. Insert the battery (with the tab facing upwards) and slide it in from the back of the drone as shown below.
2. Charge via the micro USB port on the side, as shown below.
3. On the front of the drone, to the right of the camera, is the drone status indicator LED shown below.
4. On the opposite side of the micro USB port is the power button shown below. To turn the drone on, press this button firmly once. Repeat to turn the drone off.
5. On the bottom of the drone are the vision and position sensors shown below.
6. Charge your drone by ensuring the power is off and your micro USB cable is fully plugged in. The LED on the front will slowly blink blue and will switch to solid blue when fully charged as shown below.
Follow these instructions and connect to Tello. Steps for iOS, Android, and laptops using the Chrome App are outlined here. A downloadable PDF for quick reference is also included.
Decide which device you are going to used. The DroneBlocks app can be used on a Chrome browser, an iPad or an Android Tablet. Figure out with your instructor what device you will be using and download the appropriate one below.
Decide on what device you are doing to use and follow the instructions in the video below, it will be the similar on all devices.